Polish, buff, and clean acrylic windows to remove all scratches, pits, and any imperfections from the window.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of orbital sanding experience preferred
- Autobody or wood sanding experience preferred
Problem Solving/Decision Making
Ability to determine upon initial inspection if an imperfection can be repaired
Duties and Tasks
- Check window for scratches, pits, and distortion
- Use orbital sander with different grits of sandpaper to repair the damaged area
- Repeat sanding step as much as necessary to remove all larger scratches
- When area is fixed, use polish and high-speed polisher to remove all hair line scratches
- When scratches are removed use a clean cloth to wipe window down
- Inspect window for scratches, pits, and distortion.
- Sign-off on all work orders and maintain traceability of parts to the appropriate work order
- Air conditioned and heated plant
- Safety goggles required
- Protective gloves required
Essential Job Functions/Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to stand constantly 7 to 9 hours a day
- Ability to lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to bend and stoop 5 to 6 hours a day
- Ability to always communicate clearly
- Ability to understand and follow work orders and process specs
- Ability to hold buffing and polishing tools 7 to 9 hours a day
Ability to understand and follow documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, process specs, and follow directions
Additional Requirements or Skills
- Applicable measurement instruments
View All Positions >
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.