Primary responsibility to provide aircraft window services to our existing customers, increase customer base and sales in the assigned Regional Market. Inspect aircraft windows and evaluate defects for airworthiness. Repair scratches, pits, and other damage to aircraft windows. Remove and install replacement windshields and windows.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma/General Education Degree (GED)
- Sales preferred
- 1 year of orbital sanding experience preferred
- Auto body experience preferred
- Previous aircraft experience preferred
- A&P license or AMT certificate preferred
- Sales experience preferred
Problem Solving/Decision Making
Ability to read and understand mechanical technical manuals and apply to practical situations in the field. Ability to work independently and communicate effectively with both internal and external customers. Provide timely and incredible customer service.
Duties and Tasks
- Remove existing windows.
- Prep and install new windows.
- On call 24/7 at customer requests for emergency AOG services.
- Use orbital sander with different grits of sandpaper to repair the damaged area.
- Review, interpret and understand the tech data as it relates to the function of the job.
- Responsible for acquiring the purchase order from the customers as per the quote. Schedule with the owner/operator and/or maintenance manager when our services will be performed. Complete and provide billing information and evaluation forms to our home office in Wichita, KS after the work is performed provided to the customer the appropriate air worthiness documents to the customer.
- Travel as required to customer’s locations via ground transportation, air, or airlines. Coordinate the scheduling with the travel agents for rental vehicles, flights, hotel accommodations, etc.
- Perform weekly expense reports detailing the costs of gasoline, entertainment, customer relations, etc.
- Sign-off on all work orders and maintain traceability of parts to the appropriate work order.
- Develop and grow the sales area for the assigned Regional Market.
- Attend trade shows as required and educate customers and potential customers on our product lines.
- Air conditioned, non-air conditioned and heated, non-heated plant or hanger
- Possible exposure to various weather elements
- Safety goggles required
- Protective gloves required
- Ability to work independently (self-starter)
Essential Job Functions/Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work is done while standing on the wings, in and out of the cockpit, in and outside of the plane. Traveling is required and hours worked range from 2 to 12 a day based on demand.
- Ability to stand and/or sit 8 hours a day
- Ability to lift/carry up to 70 lbs
- Ability to twist, bend and stoop 8 hours a day
- Ability to pinch and grip various tools with fingers and hands using pushing and pulling motion 8 hours a day
- Ability to reach 8 hours a day
- Ability to communicate clearly at all times
- Ability to understand and follow work orders and process specs
- Ability to hold buffing and polishing tools 8 hours a day
- Ability to climb up and down ladders
Ability to understand and follow documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, process specs, and follow directions.
Additional Requirements or Skills
- Ability to use various measuring devices
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read and interpret blue pints preferred
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals
View All Positions >
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.