Lee Aerospace aviation composites manufacturing is housed in a modern 40,000 square foot facility. We are one of the industry leaders in the manufacture of aircraft composite production parts and tools. Customers include Boeing, Cessna, Bombardier, Learjet, Gulfstream, HondaJet and others. Composite parts are manufactured using autoclave or oven cured prepreg or wet lay-up materials such as carbon fiber, fiberglass, graphite, Kevlar and other aramid polymers. Resins systems include epoxy, polyester and phenolic. Lee Aerospace produces solid laminate composite parts and composite sandwich structures using Nomex, fiberglass and aluminum honeycomb core as well as many types of foam core. Lee Aerospace composite manufacturing is NADCAP, ISO 9001 and AS9100C certified.
We build composite parts using an existing design, modify a design, or design a composite tooling solution. Combining production parts and tooling, all within the same company, simplifies and speeds up the part and tooling development process. Some of the current aviation composites services at our facility include:
- Fiberglass ECS ducting
- Carbon fiber system bracket attach panels
- Phenolic interior panels- sandwich structure using foam core
- Carbon fiber laminate window retainers
- Carbon fiber laminate with fiberglass sandwich structure floor boards
- Carbon fiber aircraft window seal surround closeouts
- Prepeg and wet layup carbon fiber and fiberglass layup molds and trim tools
At Lee Aerospace, our composites facility uses the latest technology and equipment for the production of aviation composite parts and control of composite time and temperature sensitive materials. All of our equipment is computer controlled and monitored for traceability as well as documentation purposes.
Aviation Composites Manufacturing Equipment & Facilities
- A Class 400 Controlled Contamination Area (CCA) which is temperature, humidity and positive pressure controlled.
- 12 foot diameter by 32 foot long autoclave capable of 500 degrees F and 150 psi
- 12 foot wide by 10 foot tall by 35 foot long oven capable of 500 degrees F
- 20 foot by 20 foot walk in composite material freezer
- Additional 8 foot by 8 foot walk in composite material freezer
- Composites material testing laboratory
- Two laser projectors used for accurately locating ply layout sequences
- Two automated ply cutters for cutting ply material
- Laser Tracker and two portable coordinate measuring arms for precisely measuring parts
- Composite trim shop with filtered air to remove composite dust
- 3- & 5-Axis NC machine for trimming parts, core and building tooling master molds